Visit Madhyamaka KMC for two to six months between January and July 2018.
This is an amazing opportunity to enjoy the experience of Modern Buddhism in a traditional
Kadampa Centre, and it is suitable for Kadampa practitioners from anywhere in the world.
DE Komme an das Madhyamaka und erfahre den modernen Buddhismus in einem traditionellen Kadampa Zentrum. Diese Seite wird bald auf deutsch übersetzt.
ES Venga a Madhyamaka y viva la experiencia del Budhismo moderno en un Centro Kadampa tradicional. Esta página será traducida al español en breve.
FR Venez à Madhyamaka et faites l’expérience du bouddhisme moderne dans un Centre Kadampa traditionnel. Cette page sera bientôt traduite en français.
IT Vieni a Madhyamaka e sperimenta il buddhismo moderno in un tradizionale Centro Kadampa. Questa pagina verrà presto tradotta in italiano.
PT Venha ao Madhyamaka e viva a experiência do Budismo moderno num Centro Kadampa tradicional. Esta página será traduzida para o português em breve.
ZH 欢迎来到中观中心 – 在这传统噶当巴禅修中心体验现代佛法。我们将在近期推出此网页的中文版。
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN A WELL-ESTABLISHED KADAMPA MEDITATION CENTRE!
- Improve your Dharma knowledge and your understanding of how a Kadampa Centre functions day-to-day.
- Deepen your experience of meditation and Dharma, gain more perspective on your spiritual life, and develop confidence in your practice.
- Take part in classes.
- If you don’t speak English well, no problem! We will help you gain more confidence and improve your ability to communicate in English.
- We prepared a full-day schedule of activities aimed at giving you an all-encompassing experience of Centre life, including General Programme (GP) classes, guided meditations, pujas, rituals, special retreats, group visits, daily tasks, promotion activities, etc.
- Attend courses and workshops on topics such as teaching skills, memorisation techniques, rituals and how to develop branches.
Do not hesitate to ask questions, we shall do our best to accommodate your needs.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT MADHYAMAKA KMC?
- Madhyamaka was the 1st Centre established by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso over 30 years ago. You can feel his blessings everywhere!
- Gen Togden is the Resident Teacher, with 25 years of experience in our Tradition teaching throughout the world.
- We have three meditation rooms, including one dedicated to Dorje Shugden.
- The main building, Kilnwick Percy Hall, has history dating back to 1574. We’re near York, a city founded by the Romans in 71 AD.
- Beautiful grounds for walks in the woods or around the lake, and even an old church!
- A pleasant World Peace Café and The Wolds Retreat (comfortable B&B accommodation).
- A strong Sangha community with 26 residents and many other long-term Kadampas who live in the vicinity of Madhyamaka.
- We are located in Yorkshire, northern England, only three hours away from Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre. This makes getting to International Spring and Summer Festivals very easy and inexpensive.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
IMPORTANT NOTICE for non-EU visitors: A tourist visitor visa to the UK is valid for a maximum of six months. If you plan on attending Summer Festival – and possibly a post-Summer Festival retreat in the UK – please keep that in mind to make sure your total stay is within the six-month limit. For example, you could be in the UK from mid-February to mid-August to be able to take part in “The Madhyamaka Experience”, attend the International Spring and Summer Festivals at Manjushri KMC, and attend a post-Summer Festival retreat at Madhyamaka or at another UK Centre. What an incredible experience that would be!
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST
Express your interest in “The Madhyamaka Experience” by emailing email@example.com
Thank you! We’re very happy you’re interested in coming to visit.
We hope to see you very soon at Madhyamaka, for the experience of a lifetime!