Opened in September 2012, the Kadampa Primary School Derbyshire offers children from ages 3 – 11 years old a new way of enjoying learning. Here children are encouraged to develop practical skills through outdoor learning and creative interactive time in the classroom. The environments of the Pre-School / Early Years (3 – 5 year olds) and Key Stage 1 (5 – 7 year olds) are strongly influenced by Montessori methodology. The children are also taught how to keep and maintain peaceful and compassionate attitudes through learning simple meditation techniques.
Teachers have been carefully selected from around the world and show the children living examples of how to reach their potential while increasing their own inner peace and good qualities. Although the school has a core Buddhist ethos it is open to everyone, regardless of beliefs or background.
The aim of the school is to help children reach their own potential, enjoy learning and become the best person they can be. With a warm, open and compassionate atmosphere it offers a very special, yet powerful learning environment that goes beyond just intellect development.
What makes our Kadampa School Special?
- The opportunity to learn how to be happy by controlling our mind and developing a good heart through meditation and the example set by the staff.
- Our beautiful environment of parkland and woods giving opportunities for outdoor learning and creative play.
- Small classes so children can learn at their own pace but also be challenged to extend their learning and pursue their passions.
- Our international community of teachers and students from other countries which allows pupils to be exposed to different cultures and languages.
- Our “meet and greet” before and after school giving parents the opportunity discuss their children with the class teachers and headteacher and give feedback on what experiences we are offering the children.
For further information on Kadampa Primary School Derbyshire, visit the website of the first Kadampa Primary in DerbyShire